The default font for Visual Studio Code is Consolas. Many fonts are available on the web, but the most popular font among developers is Fira Code. The following guide shows how to install and use the Fira Code font in Visual Studio Code.
Step 1: Download Fira Code
Go to fonts.google.com/specimen/Fira+Code and click on the Download Family button. It will download a zip file into your system.
Step 2: Install Fira Code
To install Fira Code, do the following:
- Double-click on the downloaded zip file to unzip it.
Note: You can download and install WinRar from win-rar.com
- Double-click on the file with .ttf extension.
- Click on the Install button. It will install the font in your system.
Step 3: Using Fira Code in VS Code
To make Fira Code your default font in VS Code, follow the below steps:
- From the top-level File menu, select the Preferences option. From the sub-menu, choose the Settings option. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + ,
- In the search bar, type font.
- Type Fira Code inside the Editor: Font Family textbox.
- Restart VS Code. Now you can use Fira Code in VS Code.